The Bennett Family Foundation is interested in:
- Organizations with staff expertise in their field and a track record of proven results
- Smaller, local organizations
- Organizations that can demonstrate momentum towards sustainability of programs
Projects may be funded for more than one year but not to exceed three years. In most cases, preference will be given to small local projects over national programs.
Funding generally will not be provided to:
- Individuals or non-501(c)(3) organizations
- Educational institutions for their general operating funds or endowments
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Cities, counties or other governmental organizations
- Organizations engaged primarily in public policy or political advocacy
- National organizations or their local affiliates, except programs developed at the local level
- Application to budget deficits, debt reduction, fundraising or recognition events
Absolutely no funding will be given to organizations which discriminate, either in hiring or in populations served, based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual preference, or physical or mental ability.